Gluten-free Pasta with Spinach and Walnut Pesto
- 1/4 cup walnuts toasted
- 4 oz baby spinach
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Pasta & Marinated Tomatoes
- 1 ripe tomato large
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar (optional depending on ripeness of tomatoes)
- 4 oz brown rice pasta dry
- In a food processor pulse together the walnuts, spinach, olive oil, lemon and yeast until smooth, 20-30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper.
Pasta & Marinated tomatoes
- Slice tomato into wedges and marinate with balsamic and a pinch of salt.
- Toss cooked pasta with with pesto and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide pasta between two bowls and add tomato on top.