Green Lean Protein Wrap with Lemon Tahini Sauce
- 6 Collard Greens Leaves bottom portion of stems removed
- 2 cups toasted nuts and seeds (ie: walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked lentils
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups baby greens or sprouts
- 1 cup zucchini julienned
- 1 cup carrots julienned
- 1/2 cup red onion shaved
- 1/4 cup herbs (ie: parsley, basil) chopped
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- sea salt to taste
- In a steamer basket over boiling water, steam collard green leaves for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from basket and shingle flat on a baking sheet to cool.
- Place nuts and seeds in a food processor and pulse until smooth, about one minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and continue to pulse until a ball forms, about 30 seconds more.
- Season with more salt if needed.
- Whisk all ingredients into a smooth dipping sauce.
- Season with salt.
- Lay collard leaves flat on a cutting board with the bottom of the leaf at the edge closest to you.
- Place a handful of greens towards the bottom middle. Continue with a small amount of each vegetable and a pinch of herbs.
- Roll a half-cigar size piece of lentil meat and place in the center of the vegetables.
- First fold the bottom edges up to cover the filling and pull back tightly to secure the wrap. Fold in the edges and continue to roll the wrap tightly, scraping back towards the filling along the way.
- Slice straight across vertically in the middle and serve with sauce.